Air conditioners don’t work forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Charlotte, you could be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several factors to consider, in addition to the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A new air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the correct advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your wallet if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t often any major immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system fails. You can avoid the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your annual energy bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you may even qualify for an exclusive deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We know the price of replacing your total system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 704-464-4307 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.