No matter what the climate outside in Charlotte, the temperature in your house influences how comfortable it will feel. Set it just right and your house will seem like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your climate control system isn’t working the way it should, you’ll notice. And it won’t be pleasant.
It’s time for a deeper look at how you’re handling your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a solid system or a problematic performer. Take this quick quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are not far away in Charlotte. How do you prepare your AC?
- Replace the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s finished.
- Bring in the professionals for a seasonal checkup.
- Nothing. It will probably be fine.
- You’re having an event on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your first step?
- Instruct my attendees to bring iced beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it working before the party starts.
- Switch on my fans and hope for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What will you do when it’s time for it to retire?
- Have my contractor to make the decision and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and expenses by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Select the most intricate system available in Charlotte.
- When you receive your next monthly energy bill, what do you anticipate you’ll find?
- It will be a little higher. My home comfort costs have gotten expensive.
- It will be comparable to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I read it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Find my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Get a skilled technician to examine it.
- Forget about it and hope it goes away.
Now tally your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for replacement. But if you responded to any of these problems with As or Cs, you should make a couple of changes to help your equipment perform more effectively. Keep reading to discover how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Book Yearly Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and clearing your vents are important tasks to ready your machinery for a different season, a professional tune-up is necessary to wrap up the process. During a seasonal visit, your HVAC technician will perform a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re there, your HVAC service pro will be on the lookout for more significant complications for your system. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained heating and cooling systems can have issues periodically. And it always seems to crop up at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program affords that crucial service to customers at no other cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Well-maintained HVAC systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your system takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. Even better, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and call us when they radically change. Your electricity bills can reveal more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a regular increase in your costs but no variation in home comfort, something is probably occurring with your system. A new high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Take action when you detect an odd noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than bothersome. It illustrates something is amiss with your machinery. Even if it’s a seemingly small problem, left alone it could make for an expensive repair down the road. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, added costs and annoyance. And if your system just isn’t keeping up anymore, contemplate choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!