Scheduling routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your air conditioner unit in Charlotte operating at its top performance while keeping utility needs small. It also might even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a couple tasks you can complete by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are several steps you can complete by yourself as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large portion of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to put AC service on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your AC unit scrubbed and inspected. Waiting to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be risky. If you have to have repair or installation, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that might become very uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened AC system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner upkeep may be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Alone?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioning unit in the best state:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and can decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very important if you deal with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn work around the outside condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, since this might limit airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 704-464-4307, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your equipment is turning on, operating and turning off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that require additional service, we are prepared to provide you the most reasonable option. Finding potential issues promptly might solve larger troubles down the road. This also gives you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you need a new cooling system, our Experts will work with you to select the best solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to book your maintenance? Call us at 704-464-4307 or schedule an appointment online right away.