Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Charlotte and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving options in modern AC systems is a huge advantage for keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 704-464-4307 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.